The Kona School is a sixth through twelfth grade Blended Learning environment that fuses academics, action sports, nutrition, and sustainability into a comprehensive educational experience.
By incorporating the most innovative instructional strategies with progressive technology, a focus on healthy living, and green campus construction, the mission of Kona School is to inspire in each student a desire to learn creatively, think independently, and act responsibly.
At the heart of Kona School’s pioneering approach to educating students are eight essential elements that significantly improve a student’s ability to learn effectively and prepare for careers in an evolving marketplace. These core elements are as follows:
• Blended Learning model integrating teaching-to-learn and project-based learning practices
• Intentional parental engagement framework
• Learning coaches who personalize instruction
• Enterprise and Entrepreneurial skills training including business development, marketing, graphic design, video editing, and print media
• Nutritional focus supporting healthy living
• Action Sports inclusion in school culture promoting physical conditioning and motivation
• Sustainable campus design using recycled shipping containers and resource-efficient materials
• School culture geared to assist adolescents in academic and personal development
The goal of Kona School’s Board of Directors is not simply to design one amazing school, but to fashion an educational model that can be franchised to any community who wishes to provide the students and families in that community with the best opportunity to learn and grow.